What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices.(Most cellphones will work) Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. This is a great way to explore the outdoors with the whole family!
How to start:
- Register for a FREE Basic Membership at www.geocaching.com
- Visit the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page.
- Enter your postal code and click "search."
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
Rules of Geocaching:
- If you take something from the geocache (container), leave something of equal or greater value.
- Write about your find in the cache logbook
- Feel free to post about your adventure to the Stoughton Recreation Facebook page or twitter account- @StoughtonMArec
- Have fun!
You will be able to find caches hidden at Halloran park & Bradley Lessa Memorial playground trails. Please be mindful of your surroundings when searching and use caution.